The Top 10 Reasons To List Your Home In The Winter
10. Most people think they should list in March and April. So, listing ahead of time, you can be one of only a limited number of properties available.
9. Builders have really cut back on new construction inventory homes during the fall & winter, so buyers are forced to buy pre-owned homes.
8. By selling now, you may have an opportunity to be a non-contingent buyer during the spring, when many more houses are on the market for less money. This could allow you to sell high and buy low!
7. You can sell now for more money, and arrange for a delayed closing or extended temporary lease back (extended occupancy) until early next year!
6. Even though your house will be on the market, you still have the option to restrict showings during the days you would prefer not to have people in the house.
5. January is traditionally the month for employees to begin new jobs. Since transferees cannot wait until spring to buy, you need to be on the market during the holidays to capture that market!
4. Some people must buy to reinvest "tax-free exchange funds" for tax reasons!
3. Since the supply of listings will dramatically increase in the spring, there will be less demand for your particular home. Less demand now means more money for you!
2. Buyers have fewer houses to choose from during the winter months and less competition for you is a good thing!
1. People who look at homes during the winter months are more serious buyers!
What happy clients think of us and Signature Premier
And Finally, If You're Getting Ready To Sell, Read This Before You List.
Make your Smithtown Area home stand out with Your Premier Home Team...